Our organization is involved in numerous projects .
Increased access to quality education for marginalized and low-income children. To attain our objective and make an impact in children’s lives, we seek to
- Support educational programs and fundraise for bursaries and scholarships.
- Build and equip libraries – school and community libraries.
- Provide laptops and computers to schools and community resource centers.
- Support and raise awareness about promising programs and research that advance this objective.
- Support schools and programs that improve student achievement.
- Strengthen and encourage arts education programs that improve Student achievement.
- Bring together people with a stake in education in ways that
include previously marginalized voices, facilitate the search for a common ground solution
Improved Health Status for marginalized and low-income Children and Families. Areas of Focus.
- Child Health
- Maternal Health
- Adolescent Reproductive Health
- HIV & AIDS
Gwengnyakager further involves in;
- Organizing medical camps in marginalized areas.
- Supporting medical insurance to the vulnerable
- Assisting community health facilities to acquire ambulances and medical equipment.
- Supporting frontline health care organizations as they provide basic medical care and preventive services to the most vulnerable residents, including dental care.
“It’s abundantly clear that climate change Is already having an impact on human rights. And that this impact will only intensify in coming years. “Kumi Naidoo, Secretary-General of Amnesty International Climate change is a devastating force, leading to a hungrier and more vulnerable world. At Gwengnyakager Foundation, we work with the people and communities who are on the frontlines of the climate crisis, and those at the forefront of climate innovation, to find a sustainable way forward together. The most vulnerable people in the world are disproportionately exposed to extreme weather events, more reliant on natural resources, and least able to cope with, and adapt to, negative environmental impacts, Our focus areas include;
- Provision of clean cookstoves for women.
- Provision of solar panels.
- Training on afforest ration and reforestation.
- Provision of seedlings and establishment of tree nurseries within the schools and community.
Quality shelter for everyone.
Shelter is a fundamental right to everyone. Marginalized people lack shelter and the Gwengnyakager Foundation focuses on;
- Building houses for the needy, widows, and orphans.
Providing clothes and furniture to orphans and widows.
Improved livelihoods and resilience for youth so as to enhance the wellbeing and become future proof.
The world’s population is young: about 40 percent of people are under the age of 25.
Young people hold tremendous potential for the future, yet also face unique challenges: finding enough work, mitigating the increasing impacts of climate change, gaining access to a quality education, and more.
We achieve the above as Gwengnyakager Foundation by;
- Provision of sporting equipments
- Youth talks on substance abuse and pre-marital sex.
- Advocacy on youth programs.
- Capacity building on entrepreneurial skills, technology and innovation
- Partnering with internal sporting clubs like Barcelona, Southampton and Sportpesa Betting Firm to promote local talents.
- Establishment of sports academy
Agriculture: A strong agricultural and ecological base ensures the availability of nutritious food to eat and income for food and health purchases, while reducing vulnerability to natural disaster and food access shocks.
Food insecurity — and the malnutrition that often comes with it — causes poor physical and cognitive development, increases vulnerability to disease, limits productivity over a lifetime, and impedes economic development. A lack of nutritious food wreaks havoc on families and communities, causing a lifetime of challenges
Gwengnyakager focuses on;
- Provision of dairy cattle and poultry to women and youth groups.
- Provision of fingerlings to fish farmers.
- Provision of agricultural inputs.
- Training on modern methods of farming
- Value Chains development
…….to brings honor and equity to women.
In the past decade, there has been progress in improving women’s and girls’ human development. Unfortunately, challenges remain. Girls’ and women’s access to education, healthcare and employment lags behind that of boys and men.
Areas of focus,
- Sexual reproductive Rights and health.
- Gender Based Violence and Gender Equality.
- Female Genital Mutilation.
The well-being of children and families is impossible without sustainable, equitable access to clean water, dignified sanitation, and appropriate hygiene behaviors. When these three factors come into play, children and their families are protected from infection, diseases and injury; living healthy lives. Girl child education standards are raised further. To achieve these, the foundation focuses on;
- Sanitation and Hygiene Behaviors.
- Access to Safe Drinking Water.
Saving lives through emergency response, relief and resilience building, during and after disasters.
Areas of Focus:
- Supporting capacity building for County Governments and Municipalities on disaster management.
- Food Distribution
- Early Warning
- Disaster Risk Reduction
5. Emergency Response
Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auctor, nisi elit consequat ipsum, nec sagittis sem nibh id elit. Duis sed odio sit amet nibh vulputate cursus a sit amet mauris. Morbi accumsan ipsum velit. Nam nec tellus a odio tincidunt auctor.
Have you found or created a resource that you would like us to share on Gwengnyakagwer Foundation’s website? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading, “Resource.”